Terms & Conditions
- Check your order immediately upon arrival.
- Report any problems within 3 days to Bosun Supplies, we'll take care of it immediately!
- All returns MUST BE AUTHORIZED. Please contact us at 443-214-9246 to obtain an RA (return authorization) number. All returns must be received within 30 days of obtaining an RA. Items returned without an RA are subject to refusal or a restocking fee of up to 40%. We do not refund S&H charges unless it is a result of a Bosun Supplies error, of which you must mention when applying for an RA. Once the item is returned to us, we will assess the complaint and if valid, will also credit you for return shipping. If we find the product matches the description on the website, we will only refund the price of the item, not shipping or return shipping. Please make sure you read the product descriptions carefully before purchasing.
- Bosun supplies is not responsible for returns lost in transit.
- Please keep all original packaging and invoices in case you need to make a return.
- All Credit Card orders over $3000.00 that are returned will incur a return fee equal to but not more than the fee charged by the Credit Card processing company to Bosun Supplies.
- A 20% restocking fee will be charged after 8 days of shipping for all returns. Original freight will not be credited.
- A 20% restocking fee will be charged on all items begining with "NT" as these are special order.
- All items starting with the letter or word "WIND" "L" "JT" or "H" are special order and are subject to a 30-50% restocking fee.
- All sales are final after 14 days from the ship date. This would not include warranty issues.
- Fasteners, tools, ratchet strap assemblies, custom cut lengths of material, close outs, or special order items cannot be returned.
- Almost all orders are shipped within 1-3 business days from order date via USPS. If an item is back-ordered for a week or so; we won't bother you. If it is longer than that; we will contact you and offers substitutes when available. Some items must be brought in and can take up to 1 week to ship.
- For international orders, we will contact you with courier choices that are available and costs associated. If you have a preference, please indicate it in the customer notes and we will go ahead and ship your order using that service to avoid delays. Bosun Supplies will not be held responsible for delivery delays or failures due to orders being held by customs outside the United States.
- All orders over $2500.00 which require labor (ie cutting of chain or wire rope, stitching of ratchet buckle assmeblies, and/or rigging) to produce wil require a nonrefundable deposit of 50% of the total order which will be due prior to production of the items. The balance will be due prior to shipping.
- All orders over $20,000.00 will require a non-refundable payment of 10% of the total order prior to shipping.
- For oversized items, indicated by "Special shipping applies," in the item description, a shipping surcharge of up to $10.00 may be charged. Any charge over $10.00 and we will notify you prior to shipping. This extra charge will not show-up on your order confirmation, but will appear on your invoice.
- All packages returned to Bosun Supplies, Inc. due to addresses listed as undeliverable by any major carrier (UPS, Fedex, USPS, Etc.) will only be resent once a correct address is provided. The customer will be billed for reshipment plus a 20% handling surcharge.
- We do not ship Fedex Ground; only Fedex Express. If Ground is requested, your package will be sent via Fedex Saver.
- We do not auto insure packages when using collect or 3rd party UPS or FEDEX accounts. We only insure when the customer requests it. If package is lost or stolen and insurance was not requested, Bosun Supplies cannot be held responsible and full payment is still due.
- Al shipping charge-backs to Bosun Supplies for incorrect account numbers or accounts not accepting the charges, will be rebilled to your credit card or an invoice will be sent to you.
- We close to allow our associates time-off for the holidays between Christmas and New Years (Dec. 24th, 2022- Jan 1st, 2023). All orders placed during this time will be shipped on 1/2/23 & 1/3/23.
- We close for periodic inventory control. Some orders will be shipped during this time depending on the items and speed with which inventory is completed.
- We no longer provide fasteners free of charge.
- Net 30 terms: An initial charge of 6.5% of the total will be assessed for any payments not received 30 days from the date of shipment. THERE IS NO GRACE PERIOD. After that, interest is accrued at a rate of 10% annually. We require a credit card on file which will be billed if payment is late by more than 15 days. Suspension of Net 30 terms will be enforced at that time and all future orders will be charged to the credit card on file.
Limited Lifetime Warranty:
This warranty supersedes any and all previously published warranty documents published by Bosun Supplies, Inc.
In addition, most Bo'sun Supplies Inc.. items carry the manufacturer's limited LIFETIME WARRANTY (Please see exceptions below*):
Bo'sun Supplies Inc. warrants its stock stainless steel products to be free of defects in material and workmanship under normal use and with normal maintenance for the lifetime of the product. This Limited Warranty extends only to the original retail purchaser and does not run to any subsequent purchaser.
If the product fails within the terms of this warranty, we will repair or replace the product at Bosun Supplies option, provided the product has been given reasonable care, has not been used for commercial service, and the damage has not resulted from improper installation, accident, negligence or misuse or from unauthorized alterations by the purchaser.
All claims must be made to Bo'sun Supplies Inc. within thirty (30) days after discovery of the defect. Details on the defect and how the product was used, together with proof of purchase must be included with the defective product, and send to Bo'sun Supplies Inc. prepaid and insured. No warranty settlement shall be provided until return and inspection of the defective part.
IN NO EVENT SHALL BO'SUN SUPPLIES CO. BE LIABLE UNDER THIS WARRANTY FOR ANY AMOUNT EXCEEDING THE ORIGINAL PURCHASE PRICE OF THE PRODUCT. BO'SUN SUPPLIES CO. DOES NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES ASSUME THE RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES INCURRED IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF ITS PRODUCTS.
This warranty set forth is in lieu of all other warranties, whether expressed or implied. Bo'sun Supplies Inc. disclaims any warranty whether expressed or implied, with regard to the products sold by it or any dealer, including any implied warranty of merchantability beyond the scope of the warranty set forth above, and except as may otherwise be prohibited by applicable law.
* Product Lifetime Conditions; Product lifetime of stainless steel material is largely effected by environmental conditions and maintenance. When Stainless Steel is subjected to continuous submersion or continuous exposure to harsh chemicals such as acids the lifetime will be substantially decreased and require routine replacement to maintain a safe application. Stainless Steel Products do require maintenance and lack of proper maintenance may cause a denial of warranty claims.
All items beginning with the letters "NT-" are subject to a $35 repair fee for any item purchased longer than 12 months ago.
All items beginning with the letter "L" are subject to manufacturer warranty only.
Webbing used in Ratchet Straps.
BEFORE YOU BUY PLEASE NOTE THESE IMPORTANT WARNINGS:
Any product will break if abused, misused, overused or not maintained properly. Such breaks can cause loads to fall or swing out of control, possibly resulting in serious injury or death as well as major property damage.
- Never exceed working loads.
- Do not use any of our products in overhead lifting unless noted.
- Working load limit in this catalog is given as a guide only.
- Where WLL are given, ultimate break loads are at least four times higher.
- Inspect all products carefully at regular intervals depending on conditions.
COUPON AND DISCOUNT CONDITIONS AND TERMS
Free and discounted shipping and handling only applies to ground shipping for the 48 contiguous states. For all orders that cannot participate in shipping discounts, we will try to accommodate you with alternate discounts when available and at the discretion of Bosun Supplies, Inc. Free and discounted shipping and handling does not apply to special order, heavy or oversized items. Excluded items are at the sole discretion of Bosun Supplies, Inc. and may include additional items not listed here.
Discount coupons are not valid on tools, rigging or custom orders, and/or anchors. Excluded items are at the sole discretion of Bosun Supplies, Inc and may include additional items not listed here.